06 February, 2007

Where is she?



Where is the nanny when I need her?? we are moving, and therefore PACKING.




and each day i have a few bouts of intense motivation, peppered with sheer exhaustion and loathing of odd questions from children:

"can I take a break yet?"

"Can't we keep our OLD phone number?"

"can i get a TV in my room?"

"how will people find us in a new place?"

"DISH network tv is only $20 a month"

"can we get a dog?"

"can we get a cat?"

"can I get a lizard?"

"DISH network TV is only $20 a month"

"Can you find a way to make this FUN?" (Translation for the above photo: Girls' Room. I forgot what I packed. Emme packed the box) i am not sure what we will find in there, but i am sure some assortment of lip gloss, nail polish, polly pocket shoes, barbie purses, and a stuffed rabbit or two.

"I think we should get DISH network tv. it is only $20 a month"

"do we have to pack TODAY, AGAIN??"

(Then, from the most inquisitive, pyromaniacal, often damage-inflicting child) "Can I get a waterbed?"

OH - and my husband, thrilled with the attached garage, is trying to find a way to NOT have the upright freezer in there, taking up space. it is really the only place for it, unless we put it in the basement. I think the garage is just fine. It is not like poeple stand in front of the freezer with the door open searching for a snack. the latest suggestion...."Did you see an outlet in the pantry?" (the PANTRY is a generous 10 FEET by 6 FEET - roughly the size of my kitchen now - i cannot get over that) SO, concerning the freezer, "how about we put it into the pantry?" NO. thank you, anyhow. i am not giving up ANY space in the pantry. He is not sure how I will fill all of the space, but I have plans, and...who says soup cans need to TOUCH each other? Maybe I want every item in there 1.5" apart. Maybe I have high hopes of being very organized in a new house with more space, and NO one will be allowed to undo my carefully crafted plan of strategically implementing "a place for everything, and everything in its place".

aaauugghhhh! i will be SO glad when this is over. I hope to not move again for at least 10 years, unless it is to a warmer climate, in which case I would do it next week. on we go!

No comments: