22 February, 2007

Updates....

well...project #1 was the pantry...here are some "before" photos...it is panaorama of sorts, but you may have to use your imagination to " 'round the bend"!

plain white walls, and things randomly placed on shelves....ugh! NOT a fun place to be!



THEN....it became a deep, mossy green...very "produc-ey" if you ask me... a friend said I needed a "food" color...this is the best I could come up with, and i LOVE it!!!! What you also see are hte makings of a verse on the wall...the blue is there in the form of painter's tape - marking the straight line on which to write, as well as the general spacing for words to make it all balanced. the paper is a sheet I printed off of the computer, afer i chose a font that seemed to compliment the rest of my "euro" house.







THEN...the end result, although i will have to add one more photos when I get some labels on the shelves, to replace the blue tape marking the whole organization system. for NOW, though, everything has a place, and the verse is done. it is almost my favorite place in the house!!



The verse was chosen, as "taste" seemed very appropriate for a food pantry, AND, we have had many seasons where pantry items were very scarce. I wanted those words there to remind me that it is only because of God that things are "good", and a pantry with full shelves is an amazing testimony to God's faithfulness to us, as well as ours to Him.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I LOVE your pantry!!!!!