22 February, 2007

blessed again...

okay. I am (still) on a Salt lake Free Cycle loop. online. it is so cool...i know i have mentioned it before, but it still amazes me that this is what people SHOULD do more often!! i have both been blessed richly, and, have had the chance to brighten the day of others, as I meet needs that they have after they have posted a request...


this fireplace surround is the latest item, and I love it, but am a little stuck now as to what to do with it. The mantle is grey..it is solid plaster, and came in 7 pieces - some of them weighing 200 pounds or more! The walls are a slightly peachy-white. The dining room table is a creamy country white, and the carpet is beige. I am trying to figure out how to make that all come together. i am going to paint the walls...the only question is - do I paint the mantle, as well?!?!? if you have suggestions, please let me know. i want the walls to be a golden, muted yello, with some touches of a sage green. the table will stay white, and the dark shairs will be painted to match the table, eventually, lol. so, please send a remark if you have a great idea for me!! thank you!!!! oh - and there is no fireplace YET...that will come later, but winter is almost done now, and i have a zillion other projects in the works, so for the time being, the surround will probably just have an iron screen placed in front of it. so, on we go....!!!

No comments: