09 December, 2006

PhEW!

What a relief! the Christmas dinner thing is now over, and went quite well...everyone loved the appetizers, which was great, as I was a little concerned. the cheeseballs were 3 cone shapes in a group, rolled in 3 different green herbs - rather forest-looking, and everyone thought it was so neat. The bruschetta turned out great, and the sweet ladies at church helped me slice all of the bread - yahoo!! The decorations were a hit, as well, but everyone else was so tired, they began to take it all down before I could go around getting pictures! I wanted some more, but felt funny photographing my own work in front of the crowd, and, you know ladies...they will stand around and talk for 17 hours, really!

My darling husband came and helped me load up all 11 tubs of garland, teacups, toys, wrapped "gifts", candles, candleholders, and everything else I owned that could set on a table. then he said GO TO BED, and DO NOT GET UP BEFORE I DO. so I did, at 11 pm. and I did not get up today until 9 am. phew. it is a good thing there are no handcuffs in my bedroom, or I may have waken up at 4 am and found I could not move.

now, on to Christmas, and programs at church, and a cookie exchange next week, and 3 birthdays! oh - and it is our 15th anniversary on the 21st - which is the day the kids get out of school for vacation. wonder how we will work that, as I would like to go AWAY.

so...thank you to all my dear friends who are so encouraging and help me keep going. (although I am not going to far today with my poor crashed car) i love you all!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How's Life Treating You Today??