20 August, 2007

we are home!!

phew, and getting back to normal! I found Victoria in the living room yesterday and asked her how she was feeling, having been home from the hospital about 14 hours, and she said "Well, I tried to do a cartwheel". (I gritted my teeth, thinking "OOWWWW") and she followed that up by saying "It didn't go so well". hel-LO. She tried again to do one in front of me, with her hands down on the ground, and her little feet just hopping gently in a 90-degree curve behind her. She asked "Is that a good 'sick' cartwheel?" Poor thing...she is ready to live her normal life again. Before leaving the hospital, she said "Now I can go home and jump on the trampoline!" I gave her the classic mom response... we will see.

Here she is ready to head OUT! The church sent her a giant balloon bouquet, and friends added a couple more. her bag is loaded with new stuffed animals, including a little beanie baby fish named "lips"...a gift from the nurses, that soothed the pain a bit in the E.R.
THEN...on the way home, there was the most beautiful sunset....shining brightly behind a storm system moving away from the mountains...it was so refreshing to see daylight again!!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. Great pics. So thankful that all went well. :)