01 January, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!







You may notice that this is post #17 of the day. (or so - I lost count after 2) Today is New Year's Day, and I am trying to decide if I want a resolution. I think the first one will be NO MORE PROCRASTINATING! One of these days, I will get started on that.






We had a party, and decorated with TIME in mind....







ben made (yes, pizza - it was requested, and very delicious. I DO cook, and love to, but ya can't fix what already works). He also helped me put together a fun display area for his wonderful pizza, so I got to throw my signature in on the party somewhere! The pizza boards/stones were elevated at different heights, with greenery, candles, ribbons and lights entwined all around. The fountain was surrounded with garland as well, and the water fell sweetly as the party began. THEN...the excitement drowned out any splashing sounds, but that's okay.



At the end, everyone stood in a circle and ripped open party poppers filled with candy and little paper crowns. You can almost see some of them here hanging on a sparkly ribbon as Emme zooms by. At 11:30 p.m., some sugar kicked in , and she had a second wind! an hour later, 3 very tired girls stood for their first picture of the year. Only Emme got her crown on as the party was winding down.

Anne and Jordan, Benjamin and Jodie....hey, it was a PARTY! Costume ball or not, I was dressing up! I even sprayed glitter on my hair. Ben, at 12:15 a.m., was very worn out, but happily sat with me for a photo. Thanks, babe!

No comments: